.ups Domain Information
Applicant Full Legal Name
UPS Market Driver, Inc.
UPS Global Innovations, Inc.
55 Glenlake Parkway
Atlanta Georgia 30328
Applied for gTLD
Domain Registration Status
Mission/Purpose of Domain Extension
UPS Market Driver is a wholly-owned subsidiary and affiliated company of United Parcel Service, Inc. ("UPS"), which is the worldʹs largest package delivery company, in terms of revenue and volume, and a global leader in specialized transportation and logistics services. Across UPS' affiliated... Read more
A significant driver behind Applicant and its affiliated entities' business expansion in size, scope and scale over the years has been the Internet. It has been a key platform for innovation, streamlining business operations and excellence in service delivery. While today, Applicant and its affiliated entities averages 21.8 million daily page views and processes 32.1 million daily online tracking requests through its flagship website, ups.com, UPS believes that new gTLDs offer it further opportunity to develop technology that improves customer business processes, enhances security and builds its reputation as a brand that stands for quality service, reliability and product innovation.
Thus, Applicant is seeking the proposed .ups gTLD to operate as a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding UPS and its affiliated companies' ability to:
• create a robust online brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising in support of UPS' go-to market strategy;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom UPS and its affiliated companies have a business relationship;
• further streamline and improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about UPS products and services;
• enable UPS technology and security standards to further protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer and business partner information during UPS business-related online interactions; and
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.