Is a .org domain extension the right fit for your needs?
How do you register a .org domain name?
You can register any .org domain name instantaneously for up to 10 years without providing additional documentation during the quick checkout process.
Keep in mind that even though anyone can register a .org domain, there are certain restrictions to ensure that it is used in a way that aligns with its original purpose. Most importantly, the TLD is intended for non-commercial purposes, so any .org domain name should not be used for commercial activities or political campaigning.
Additionally, don't forget that some internet users may have certain expectations when they see a .org domain name, so you should also avoid any misleading usage. Be prepared to communicate clearly and transparently about your website's goals and activities to avoid any confusion or misconceptions.
Technical information for .org.
- TLD .org
- Type gTLD
- Registration On Sale 9.99 USD / normally 13.99 USD
- Renewal 17.99 USD
- Transfer 13.99 USD / Transfer in your .org
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 40 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Available
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Local Presence Required No
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Languages Supported Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian,
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry Public Interest Registry
- Information updated 2023-11-30