What is the .app domain all about?
What do you have to consider before registering .app?
As more and more businesses move towards mobile and web applications, having a .app domain can help to future-proof your brand and ensure that you are positioned for success in the long term. Dot app domains can be a great way to improve your branding and make your app stand out.
While many popular domain extensions like .com or .net are often already taken, .app is a relatively new domain extension and therefore has more availability to find a short and memorable domain name. A .app domain can not be used for general-purpose websites; it must be designated for mobile and web applications only to ensure that the domain remains focused on its intended purpose.
The best .app domain name for you or your company will depend on your specific needs and goals, so be creative and think “outside the app” when choosing a domain name.
Technical information for .app.
- TLD .app
- Type gTLD
- Registration 20.99 USD
- Renewal 25.99 USD
- Transfer 20.99 USD / Transfer in your .app
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 40 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Available
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Local Presence Required Yes
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Languages Supported Japanese, Spanish,
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry Google Registry
- Information updated 2023-09-27
What is included with your .app domain.
Free DNS Management
Free Web Forwarding
Free Domain Parking
User Friendly Admin Tools