What is the registration term allowed for .com domain names?
.com domain names are available for 1-10 years.
- How long does it take to register my .com domain name?The domain registration time frame for .com during general availability is Instant.
- What are the characters and valid character lengths for .com domain names?Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 2 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.com); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.com).
- Trustee Service for .comTrustee Service helps you satisfy most local presence requirements when there are restrictions on registering a domain name. Trustee Service is not available for this extension.
- How do I host my .com domain name?101domain.com offers hosting and email service for .com. You can order hosting, email service and SSL certificates at checkout or you can contact sales.
- Can I transfer out my domain if I’m using your Trustee Service?Trustee service is non-transferable. If you are using our Trustee Service, you must update ownership according to .com requirements before transfer out can be started.
- Can I hide my registration information (Private Registration)?Yes. You can activate Private Registration during the purchase of a new domain.
- Grace period for .com domain name?In accordance with ICANN, Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) have a 40 day "Grace period" in which a domain name can be renewed without incurring an additional fee. Its important to note however that your domain will no longer resolve on the day it expires. After the 40 day grace period, there is a 30 day "Redemption Period" in which you can renew your domain name for an additional $150 USD.
- Who is the registry that manages .com domain names?
Domain Requirements for .com
- Are Individual .com domain registrations allowed? Yes
- Company or legal entities registrations allowed for .com? Yes
- Are there requirements, documents, or information needed for .com? No
Are some .com domain names restricted?
Violating rights of third parties, illegal activities including viruses and hacking tools, obscene and abusive materials, and any names contrary to the government of the United States. For complete restrictions, see FAQs.
- Does .com domain have a special use? No
- Other information I need to know about .com? No
- Are there any additional fees for .com? No
- Do I need a trademark/brand name to register .com? No
- Private Registration service available? Yes
- Trustee / Proxy service offered? Fees? No
How do I renew a .com domain?
Renewing your domain name is simple! Just click "Renew Now" below, or log into your Account Manager, select your .com domain name that you would like to renew, select the term of your renewal, and check out. That's it!
We also offer Auto-Renew—a great way to keep your domain name up-to-date without having to worry about letting them accidentally expire. Check your Account Settings to find out if you have it enabled.
Starting @ 14.99 USD / yrRenew Now
What are the available languages for .com?
The domain name supports multiple language formats. You can register your domain name in the following languages by just entering your domain search using the appropriate language character set in the search field:
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
Domain services for .com
Adding To Cart
It appears the WHOIS Server is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.
- How long does it take to register my .com domain name?