What are the .io domain names used for?
Is the .io domain a good web address for start-ups?
Yes! It's short, it's memorable, it's tech-friendly, and most importantly, the odds are in your favor that your desired name will be available to buy your .io domain name as early as today.
When registering a domain name, you should always think about your target audience first and if they know what your .io domain extension ultimately stands for. So, if you're looking to establish a strong brand identity and don't want to deal with complicated restrictions on the type of content to put out or where you're located, a .io domain registration should be on top of your list. And if you're working in the Artificial Intelligence sector, you should also consider the .ai domain extension (LINK to .AI) as a potentially great fit for your needs.
Technical information for .io.
- TLD .io
- Type ccTLD
- Registration On Sale 47.99 USD / normally 62.99 USD
- Renewal 65.99 USD
- Transfer 47.99 USD / Transfer in your .io
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 40 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Available
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Registry Lock Available
- Local Presence Required No
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Blocking Service 270+ top-level domains (TLDs) with one DPML subscription / Learn more
- Languages Supported Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian,
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry NIC IO
- Information updated 2023-08-22