.progressive Domain Information
Applicant Full Legal Name
Progressive Casualty Insurance Company
The Progressive Corporation
6300 Wilson Mills Road
Mayfield Village OH 44143
Incorporated under Chapter 1701, the General Corporation Law, of Title 17 of the State of Ohio Revised Code.
Applied for gTLD
Domain Registration Status
Mission/Purpose of Domain Extension
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies and affiliates (ʺProgressiveʺ) has established a market leadership position in the insurance industry as one of the nationʹs largest auto insurance groups, and the largest writer of private passenger auto insurance through independent agents in the... Read more
• Progressive was the first to introduce the Safe Driver Plan, which reduced rates for low-risk drivers and set an industry policy standard.
• Progressive was the first major auto insurance group in the world to launch a website.
• Progressive changed the insurance shopping experience by pioneering offering competitor comparison rates online.
• Progressive was the first to sell auto insurance online.
• Progressive introduced 24/7 customer and claims service to the industry-today's industry standard.
• Progressive implemented the ability for customers to pay their premiums in installments—an appealing option for those who couldnʹt afford annual payments.
• Progressive was the first auto insurer to offer the Name Your Price® option, which lets drivers start a quote, then adjust their price to find a car insurance package that's right for them.
• Progressiveʹs usage-based insurance program creates a personalized car insurance discount based on each customer's actual driving habits.
Progressive's award-winning websites are vital to its business, leveraging technology to create innovative and effective consumer experiences. It holds patents for its usage-based insurance program; a patent for its methods of processing vehicle damage claims; and two patents for computer technology related to its online policy servicing capabilities.
Progressive is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. More than 27,000 Progressive people work in more than 600 offices throughout the United States, and they enjoy a unique work environment that encourages them to risk, learn, grow and perform.
Progressive offers many types of property and casualty insurance. Progressiveʹs insurance products include private passenger automobile, motorcycle, boat and personal watercraft, recreation vehicle, personal umbrella, and commercial vehicle insurance. Progressive has marketing arrangements with homeowner insurance underwriters that make their products available as part of the Progressive Home Advantage Program. Progressive enters new product lines from time to time. Progressive makes the products it offers available both online and through insurance agents and brokers.
To further enhance its reputation and leadership position, Progressive seeks the proposed .progressive gTLD as a restricted, exclusively controlled gTLD for the purpose of expanding Progressive's ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for customers (current and prospective), claimants, employees (current and prospective), investors, media, business partners and other stakeholders;
• coalesce Progressive's different domain names (e.g., progressive.com, progressivedirect.com, progressivecommercial.com, etc.) and give the public one Web destination to get information about and interact with Progressive regardless of relationship or geographic location;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Progressive products and services and make sure that information is consistent and up-to-date;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Progressive has a business relationship;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising for Progressiveʹs products and services and those of companies with which Progressive has strategic marketing arrangements;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• protect and strengthen the Progressive collection of brands and trademarks;
• improve business operations; and
• meet future consumer expectations and competitive market demands.×