Viking River Cruises (Bermuda) Ltd.
Viking River Cruises Ltd.
a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD Viking River Cruises, the world's leading River Cruise Line, was established in 1997. Viking has offices in Los Angeles, Boston, London, Cologne, Sydney, Basel, St. Petersburg and Beijing. Viking River Cruises expanded into the American... Read more
a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
Viking River Cruises, the world's leading River Cruise Line, was established in 1997. Viking has offices in Los Angeles, Boston, London, Cologne, Sydney, Basel, St. Petersburg and Beijing. Viking River Cruises expanded into the American market in 2000, establishing U.S. headquarters in Los Angeles, California. As a result of additional purchases and new builds, today Viking River Cruises operates a fleet of 28 ships with nearly 4,800 berths, while employing approximately 1,800 people worldwide.
Viking River Cruises continues the Viking tradition of exploration on the world's great waterways. The company's Board of Directors includes prominent investors and financial leaders with impressive credentials in cruising and shipping. It is led by Chairman and CEO Torstein Hagen, a former McKinsey Partner and Harvard Business School graduate and one of the original founders of the company. As the leader in the river cruise industry, Viking River Cruises boasts unique features:
• World's leading river cruise line®
• Has the most experience and knowledge of river cruising, having purchased Europe's venerable KD River Cruises with 40 years of river cruising experience
• Owns docks in many European cities, ensuring prime docking locations for easy passenger access and the ability to walk directly into town in many ports
• Most of Viking's 28 ships were built since 2000, and the rest have been recently refurbished.
The proposed .viking gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding Viking River Cruises' ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Viking River Cruises has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Viking River Cruises products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting client/member privacy and confidential information online; and
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.×