.tkmaxx Domain Information
Applicant Full Legal Name
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Joint Venture Partner
770 Cochituate Road
Applied for gTLD
Domain Registration Status
Mission/Purpose of Domain Extension
The content of this Answer to Question 18 set forth below which describes the plans for TJX Companies, Inc.'s ("TJX") registry constitutes the "purpose" of the registry as that term is used in paragraph 1.b. of Specification 9 of the Draft New gTLD Registry Agreement found in Module 5 of the... Read more
The .tkmaxx registry will be a standard, not a community-based, registry open only to TJX. For the avoidance of doubt, TJX has no current plans for any third parties to register domain names in the second level of the .tkmaxx registry. TJX intends to limit registration and use of .tkmaxx gTLD to only TJX as the single registrant. There will be no market for second level registrations.
TJX is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, ranking 119 in the most recent Fortune 500 listings. TJX had nearly $22 billion in revenues in 2010, more than 2,800 stores in six countries, and more than 160,000 employees worldwide.
TJX seeks to become the registry for the .tkmaxx top level domain name. The new gTLD, .tkmaxx, corresponds to the T.K. MAXX trademark which is registered to TJX in various countries throughout the world. By way of example, see U.K. Reg. No. 1550882.
The .tkmaxx gTLD will help protect TJX's online presence, further TJX's marketing and promotional efforts, and provide a more safe and more secure destination for consumers to conduct business with TJX. The Purpose includes
1. The facilitation and improvement of consumers' shopping experiences by providing domains that align with TJX categories, trends, and products.
2. The enhancement and elevation of the TJX brand through being viewed as forward thinking in the Internet space.
3. The protection of TJX consumers by providing a more safe, more secure, and controlled platform for the delivery of information about TJX's goods.
4. The enhancement of marketing campaigns by directing consumers to brand-specific content.
5. The protection of the TJX brand within the domain name system.