.supersport Domain Information
Applicant Full Legal Name
SuperSport International Holdings Limited
MultiChoice South Africa (Proprietary) Limited
11 Grove Street
South African Companies Act 71 of 2008
Applied for gTLD
Domain Registration Status
Mission/Purpose of Domain Extension
SuperSport International Holdings Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of MultiChoice South Africa (Proprietary) Limited ("MultiChoice"). MultiChoice started as the subscriber management arm of M-Net, the analogue Pay-TV channel. Today it is the leading multichannel digital satellite television... Read more
We live in a world where information has become the key advantage. Today, information can travel anywhere, anytime, at great speed and in so many different ways - unlocking potential wherever it goes. At MultiChoice, we constantly look for innovative ways and push boundaries to deliver information and content that is not only entertaining, but informative.
MultiChoice provides its DStv services to different market segments. The DStv bouquets cater for different lifestyles and pockets, from entry level to Premium. Its premium service provides more than 90 video + 6 HD video, 40 CD quality audio channels, 32 radio stations and 3 interactive services. DStv is also available as a niche service for the Indian and Portuguese communities.
M-Net and SuperSport are part of the MultiChoice stable, which delivers premium channels and content to a growing number of subscribers. DStv Media Sales, DStv Mobile, MWEB, DStv Online, CommerceZone, SmartVillage and NMSCom also form part of the group.
MultiChoiceʹs involvement in South Africa goes beyond its core business. Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves ultimately leading to growth of the economy of the country.
The proposed (.supersport) gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding SuperSport International Holdings Limited's ability to:
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom SuperSport International Holdings Limited has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about SuperSport International Holdings Limited products and services; and
• provide an online environment which instills trust and engenders confidence in SuperSport International Holdings Limited and its affiliates.