Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland):
Stock Corporation Act (Aktiengesetz)
1. Q 18 (a): Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD. Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software. Founded in 1972, SAP (which stands for ʺSystems, Applications, and Products in Data Processingʺ) has a rich history of innovation and... Read more
1. Q 18 (a): Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD.
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software. Founded in 1972, SAP (which stands for ʺSystems, Applications, and Products in Data Processingʺ) has a rich history of innovation and growth as a true industry leader. SAP applications and services enable more than 183,000 customers worldwide to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. With revenue (IFRS) of €12.5 billion for the year 2010, SAP has more than 55,000 employees and sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
SAP is listed on several exchanges, including the Frankfurt stock exchange and NYSE, under the symbol ʺSAPʺ.
SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device, SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. We do this by extending the availability of software across on-premise installations, on-demand deployments, and mobile devices.
We believe that the power of our people, products, and partners unleashes growth and creates significant new value for our customers, SAP, and, ultimately, entire industries and the economy at large.
Our mission is to help companies of all sizes and industries to run better. Our vision is to help the world run better.
1.1 SAP Active Quality Management
1.1.1 Prestige, Recognition, Acclaim, Respect
Highly successful implementations donʹt just happen - they are the result of proactive engagement from customers during implementation. To mitigate risks, organizations are using the most optimal resources, establishing a strong governance structure, and applying a solid methodology. As a result, companies can become ambitious in achieving high business value in a short period of time and at a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
1.1.2 SAP Commitment to Quality
* At SAP, quality and best practice are at the heart of everything we do. Our software development teams employ recognized practices to ensure the highest quality of design, development testing, and roll out. SAP Education and SAP Consulting services adhere to strict quality standards based on industry best practices. Our ASAP implementation methodology also incorporates clearly defined quality gates and various SAP quality assurance consulting services can decrease risks, reduce TCO, shorten implementation time, and increase business value.
* By learning from each implementation and through customer and partner feedback, SAP continues to improve quality by working more closely with our stakeholders.
* SAP partner programs, through certification of partners and their consultants, enable customers to make informed decisions when selecting implementation partners. Our partner programs and SAP quality assurance services also offer advice to partners about the best way to control program delivery and increase business value to customers.
1.1.3 SAP Quality Principles
* Based on thousands of implementations, SAP has developed a set of quality principles. They guide us, our certified partners, and our customers by highlighting essential factors that enable successful implementation and integration of SAP software into our customersʹ organizations.
* Our quality principles also underpin our sales activities, helping to ensure that we provide our customers with the necessary information to make carefully considered decisions about their solution and implementation options. And when issues do arise, we have documented processes and procedures to make sure the issues are resolved quickly.
2. Our mission in the operation of the .sap gTLD
2.1 Security, trust, and reputation
A brand gTLD will help us protect our trademark and our company's reputation. Our customers and Internet users in general will be able to rest assured that a website with our brand's TLD is authentic and secure. This will help strengthen our brand while increasing our customers' and the Internet Communityʹs loyalty and trust.
2.2 Control over internet presence
As the operator of our own registry, we will be able to establish the requirements and policies for all domain name registrants. We can choose to restrict use of our brand TLD to departments within the company or allow other companies with whom we partner as well as resellers of our products to use our brand gTLD.
2.3 New marketing opportunities
Operating our own brand TLD will provide new opportunities for marketing online. Whenever we launch a new campaign, we can create custom URLs with our brand extension. A brand TLD will allow us to reach new potential customers online, expand our target market, and strengthen relationships with current business partners and build new relationships with potential partners.
2.4 Short, memorable domain names and ease of access
Choosing to operate a gTLD will allow us to create domain names that are short and easy for consumers to remember. With more and more people using their mobile phones to connect to the Internet, accessing content online will be easier. Internet users seeking reliable first-hand information about our products or our company will benefit largely from the possibility to restrict the search space to the contents of .sap domains.
2.5 Competitive advantage
Being one of the first to be applying for a gTLD in this round will allow SAP to be ahead of the competition.×