Once you have registered your .ong domain name, if you want to utilize it as a website or email address, you will need to associate it with a cloud-based hosting service like Easy Website Builder, a server-based hosting service like Web Hosting, or an email and collaboration service like Google Workspace.
A website can be built either through a browser-based builder, an installed content management system like WordPress or Drupal, or done professionally by a web designer/developer. Additionally, it is recommended securing your website with SSL, and enhancing your website's speed using Secure Web Accelerator.
In areas of the world where English is a dominant language, a non-governmental organization is known, as you know, as an NGO. In French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries, NGOs are called ONGs. You should have both an .ngo and an .ong domain. Both are dedicated to serving you.
To purchase your .ong domain name, you must first search for the availability of the unique phrase (without spaces or with hyphens). If the domain name is available, you may then add it to the cart to register for up to 10 year(s). If the domain is not available, then either modify your phrase, or inquire about purchasing the name outright through 101domain's Domain Concierge Service.
Public Interest Registry, the registry authorized to operate the .ong domain, has accredited 101domain to provide domain registration services for .ong domains.
Transferring your .ong domain name is a fast and easy process. To get started, you'll need an Authorization Code from the registrar that currently has the domain registered. Once you have that, get started by clicking "Transfer Now" below or visit our Transfers Page, enter your domain name to transfer in, provide the Authorization Code, and our system will process the transfer.
Every .ong domain transfer into 101domain includes an additional year(s) renewal, so you're not losing any time, just saving money and gaining the access to the largest portfolio of extensions in the business and 101domain's powerful domain management system. If you are not provided an Authorization Code or having problems locating it, contact our Domain Specialists to help you navigate the process.
Starting @ 26.99 USD / yrTransfer Now
Only members of the NGO community may register a .ONG domain name.
Registration and/or sign-up fees are non-refundable once the registration request is submitted to registry. This include premium domain names.
Registrants must demonstrate such through evidence of NGO status or as a membership organization of NGOs. The Registry uses seven distinct characteristics to define an NGO: Registrants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .ngo|.ong community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
2. Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the .ngo|.ong community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
3. Limited government influence. Recognizing that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the .ngo|.ong community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
4. Independent actors. Members of the .ngo|.ong community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of an .ngo|.ong is voluntary.
5. Active Organisations. Members of the .ngo|.ong community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
6. Structured. Members of the .ngo|.ong community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organisational standards, or other governance structures.)
7. Lawful. Members of the .ngo|.ong community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Registrants will be required to submit information and documentation to PIR registry to establish it meets the eligibility requirements of an NGO. The Registrant will be asked to provide evidence of its NGO status through a document upload function when it begins the validation process. Validation documentation may consist of one or more of the following: government lists, corporate documents (e.g., Articles of Incorporation), tax records or other documents evidencing the entity’s charitable status and work in the community it serves. After submission, the PIR registry will notify the registrant if additional information is needed. Once validation is complete the registrant will be notified of the outcome and the domain will resolve.
PIR conducts random audits of .ONG registrations and reserves the right to cancel, transfer or modify a domain name, in accordance with PIR’s Registrations Dispute Resolution Policy (“RDRP”), Eligibility Requirements, Anti-Abuse Policy, Takedown Policy, Name Selection Policy or other legal requirements. These audits may occur at any point after a registrant registers a domain name, including prior to completion of the validation process described herein.
Registrant must successfully complete the validation within one year (360 days) from the date the registration was originally submitted or it will be deleted.
The PIR Registry permits .ONG Registrants to register the following types of domain names:1. the name of (entire or portion of) the NGO, e.g. its “doing business as” name;
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
Renewing your domain name is simple! Just click "Renew Now" below or visit our Renewals Page, and enter your domain name to renew, or log into your Account Manager, select your ext domain name that you would like to renew, select the term of your renewal, and check out.
We also offer Auto-Renew—a great way to keep your domain name up-to-date without having to worry about letting them accidentally expire. Check your Account Settings to find out if you have Auto-Renew enabled.
Starting @ 34.99 USD / yrRenew Now
Domain information current to