Why buy a .ngo domain.
Frequently asked questions about .ngo.
Only members of the NGO community may register a .ONG domain name.
Registration and/or sign-up fees are non-refundable once the registration request is submitted to registry. This include premium domain names.
Registrants must demonstrate such through evidence of NGO status or as a membership organization of NGOs. The Registry uses seven distinct characteristics to define an NGO: Registrants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Focused on acting in the public interest. Whether in support of education or health, the environment or human rights, members of the .ngo|.ong community work for the good of humankind and/or the preservation of the planet and do not promote discrimination or bigotry.
2. Non-profit making/non-profit-focused entities. While many NGOs engage in commercial activities or generate revenue in support of their missions, members of the .ngo|.ong community do not recognize profits or retain earnings.
3. Limited government influence. Recognizing that many NGOs have important interactions with government, not least for reasons of funding (which may include receipt of some government funding in support of their programs), members of the .ngo|.ong community decide their own policies, direct their own activities and are independent of direct government or political control.
4. Independent actors. Members of the .ngo|.ong community should not be political parties nor should be a part of any government. Participation in the work of an .ngo|.ong is voluntary.
5. Active Organisations. Members of the .ngo|.ong community are actively pursuing their missions on a regular basis.
6. Structured. Members of the .ngo|.ong community, whether large or small, operate in a structured manner (e.g., under bylaws, codes of conduct, organisational standards, or other governance structures.)
7. Lawful. Members of the .ngo|.ong community act with integrity within the bounds of law.
Registrants will be required to submit information and documentation to PIR registry to establish it meets the eligibility requirements of an NGO. The Registrant will be asked to provide evidence of its NGO status through a document upload function when it begins the validation process. Validation documentation may consist of one or more of the following: government lists, corporate documents (e.g., Articles of Incorporation), tax records or other documents evidencing the entity’s charitable status and work in the community it serves. After submission, the PIR registry will notify the registrant if additional information is needed. Once validation is complete the registrant will be notified of the outcome and the domain will resolve.
PIR conducts random audits of .NGO registrations and reserves the right to cancel, transfer or modify a domain name, in accordance with PIR’s Registrations Dispute Resolution Policy (“RDRP”), Eligibility Requirements, Anti-Abuse Policy, Takedown Policy, Name Selection Policy or other legal requirements. These audits may occur at any point after a registrant registers a domain name, including prior to completion of the validation process described herein.
Registrant must successfully complete the validation within one year (360 days) from the date the registration was originally submitted or it will be deleted.
The PIR Registry permits .NGO Registrants to register the following types of domain names:1. the name of (entire or portion of) the NGO, e.g. its “doing business as” name;
2. an acronym representing the NGO;
3. a name that recognizes or generally describes the NGO; or
4. a name related to the mission or activities of the NGO.
Technical information for .ngo.
- TLD .ngo
- Type gTLD
- Registration 29.99 USD
- Renewal 36.99 USD
- Transfer 29.99 USD / Transfer in your .ngo
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 40 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Available
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Individuals can register No
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry Public Interest Registry (PIR)
- Information updated 2023-07-06
Why manage your .ngo domain with 101domain?
Award Winning Support
Free Web Forwarding
Multi-User Admin Tools