Why buy a .mx domain.
Private Registration available for .mx domain
Technical information for .mx.
- TLD .mx
- Type ccTLD
- Registration 52.99 USD
- Renewal 60.99 USD
- Transfer 52.99 USD / Transfer in your .mx
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 30 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Available
- Local Presence Required No
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry NIC Mexico
- Information updated 2023-10-27
What is included with your .mx domain.
Free DNS Management
Free Web Forwarding
Free Domain Parking
User Friendly Admin Tools
Frequently asked questions about .mx.
What is the registration term allowed for .mx domain names?
.mx domain names are available for 1-10 years.
How long does it take to register my .mx domain name?
The domain registration time frame for .mx during general availability is Instant.
What are the characters and valid character lengths for .mx domain names?
.mx Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.mx); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.mx).
What is DNSSEC, and is it available for .mx domain?
DNSSEC is not available for .mx domain. Domains that allow DNSSEC protect against counterfeit DNS data by providing origin authentication and integrity protection on that data. Get more information on its pros and cons.
What is Trustee Service, and is it available for .mx?
Trustee Service is not available for .mx extension. Trustee Service can help satisfy most local presence requirements when there are restrictions on registering a domain name.
How do I host my .mx domain name?
Can I hide my .mx registration information (Private Registration)?
Yes. You can activate Private Registration during the purchase of a new .mx domain.
What is the grace period for .mx domain name?
Grace periods vary for country code Top Level Domains (ccTLD) including Internationalized Domain Names (IDN). Some registries require renewal up to 60 days in advance of the domain name expiration date. It is your responsibility to pay for your Renewal Fees in advance of the due date specified by 101domain regardless of the domain name expiration date. Failure to pay your Renewal Fees prior to the due date will result in a fee of $150 to renew your .mx domain. There may be a restore period between when the domain expires and when the domain can be registered again. In the event that you do not pay by the renewal date, your site may be inaccessible during this time so it is very important that you renew this extension before the renewal date.
Who is the registry that manages .mx domain names?
The registry that manages the registration of domain names with the .mx Top Level Domain is NIC Mexico. You may visit them at https://www.dominios.mx/en/.