The applicant, Electronic Media Network Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Multichoice South Africa Holdings (Pty) Ltd. MultiChoice started as the subscriber management arm of M-Net, the analogue Pay-TV channel. Today it is the leading multichannel digital satellite television operator across... Read more
The applicant, Electronic Media Network Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Multichoice South Africa Holdings (Pty) Ltd. MultiChoice started as the subscriber management arm of M-Net, the analogue Pay-TV channel. Today it is the leading multichannel digital satellite television operator across the African continent. Its dynamic technology platform and varied bouquet of channels, built on a foundation of compelling premium entertainment, has seen MultiChoice grow its business across South Africa.
We live in a world where information has become the key advantage. Today, information can travel anywhere, anytime, at great speed and in so many different ways - unlocking potential wherever it goes. MultiChoice constantly looks for innovative ways and push boundaries to deliver information and content that is not only entertaining, but informative.
The Applicant, Electronic Media Network Limited, aims to package the most compelling entertainment content, produced and acquired for the people of Africa, and delivered across all current and emerging subscription platforms.
Electronic Media Network Limited holds the following values:
o We innovate and create.
• Customer Focus
o Our audience is central to everything we do.
o We embrace change, seize new opportunities and we are committed to self improvement.
• Team Work
o We treat one another with respect and we are passionate about M-Net excelling as a team
o We are honest, responsible, fair and accountable.
o We celebrate diversity.
o We deliver superior performance.
The proposed (.mnet) gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding Electronic Media Network Limited (M-Net)'s ability to:
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Electronic Media Network Limited (M-Net) has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Electronic Media Network Limited (M-Net) products and services; and
• provide an online environment which instills trust and engenders confidence in Electronic Media Network Limited (M-Net) and its affiliates.×