.lacaixa Domain Information
Applicant Full Legal Name
CAIXA DʹESTALVIS I PENSIONS DE BARCELONA
Caixa dʹestalvis (savings bank)
- Decret Legislatiu 1/2008, dʹ11 de març, pel qual sʹaprova el Text refós de la Llei de caixes dʹestalvis de Catalunya. - Ley 31/1985, de 2 de agosto, de regulación de las normas básicas sobre Órganos Rectores de las Cajas de Ahorro. -Real Decreto Legislativo 1298/1986, de 28 de junio,... Read more
Applied for gTLD
Domain Registration Status
Mission/Purpose of Domain Extension
La Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona ("la Caixa") is submitting the .lacaixa application as a TLD for Institutional purposes for "la Caixa" Group services and products. The corporate purpose of ʺla Caixaʺ is to encourage all authorised forms of saving, to carry out beneficent work for... Read more
La Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona ("la Caixa") is submitting the .lacaixa application as a TLD for Institutional purposes for "la Caixa" Group services and products.
The corporate purpose of ʺla Caixaʺ is to encourage all authorised forms of saving, to carry out beneficent work for the well-being of the community and invest the related funds in safe and profitable assets of general interest.
Today, "la Caixa" is the number one savings bank in Spain and the third largest financial entity in the country for results, and undertakes banking activity indirectly through CaixaBank. Since its origins, in 1904, ʺla Caixaʺ has been characterised by a strong social commitment and a vocation to work in the general interest, both through its financial activity and its welfare projects, which finance activities of a social, cultural and scientific nature.
The goals of the .lacaixa TLD are:
1. To strengthen the institutional image of "la Caixa" Group in the on-line world,
2. To facilitate digital communications between the brand, its providers and customers,
3. To promote the brand in the digital world,
4. To facilitate access to the company information for users,
5. To improve customer security, trust and loyalty,
6. To unify the entity's Internet presence in a single trusted name space,
7. New marketing opportunities,
8. New business opportunities,
9. To enhance brand recognition,
10. To increase the value of the company, and consequently, the "la Caixa" Group brand.
This is to be achieved by:
1. Creating a platform between prospects, clients, partnerships and "la Caixa"'s associations,
2. Creating an integrated virtual and physical service channel,
3. Providing a coherent look-and-feel websites and online communications with all "la Caixa"'s services and social activities.
"la Caixa" has decided to apply for the .lacaixa TLD as an strategically long-term opportunity. "la Caixa"'s top financial status and social relevance has led the group to the belief that the gTLD program will represent a tremendous opportunity for the Group to reinforce the branding. "la Caixa" has been following with interest the ICANN new gTLD program since its inception and has gathered enough intelligence to adopt an educated decision. "la Caixa" understands the opportunities and the responsibility of what this opening implies, and is fully committed to run a piece of Internet infrastructure by operating its Top Level Domain: .lacaixa.
The mission of "la Caixa" defines the reason for its existence. Its purpose and its basic objective is to achieve the goals of its various interest groups stakeholders. The mission of "La Caixa" is to encourage saving and investment by offering the best and most comprehensive range of financial services for the greatest number of customers and make a decisive contribution to society through the provision of flexible tailored coverage of basic financial and social needs. "la Caixa" aims to offer and project this comprehensive range of services online encompassed under the .lacaixa TLD, serving with excellence its growing online community of users, employees, and social program beneficiaries
"la Caixa" through CaixaBank has a network of more than 5,100 branches, more than 8,000 ATM's, and a workforce of 27,000 employees. With over 10.4 million customers, it is the leading entity in retail banking and a benchmark in the European financial sector. Its leading spirit takes it to continuously strengthen its brand and to search for new formulas to create competitive advantages for its business; the .lacaixa TLD will place "la Caixa" as innovation leaders within the banking sector, not only in Spain but internationally.
With the aim of diversifying income and taking part in the development of companies that offer basic services to society, "la Caixa" has for many years now pursued a strategy of investing in such businesses. The "la Caixa" Group currently has a large portfolio of holdings in industry, property, international banking, insurance businesses and service sector companies, a group of financial activities that "la Caixa" would like to embrace under a unique, secure and trusted Internet identifier: the .lacaixa TLD.×