Ferrero Trading Lux S.A.
Fervalue S. à r.l. is the parent company
Kinder is a brand leader in the Confectionery market and it is present in more than 100 countries worldwide. Kinder was created in 1968 as a division of the Ferrero Group with the original mission of developing products targeting "mothers" and specifically dedicated to children. The Ferrero Group... Read more
Kinder is a brand leader in the Confectionery market and it is present in more than 100 countries worldwide. Kinder was created in 1968 as a division of the Ferrero Group with the original mission of developing products targeting "mothers" and specifically dedicated to children. The Ferrero Group is, a leading manufacturer of chocolate and other confectionery products including Nutella, Ferrero Rocher and Tic Tac mints.
A private companies' group founded by the confectioner Pietro Ferrero in 1946 in Alba, Piedmont, Italy, it is still owned by the Ferrero family We operate with more than seventy affiliated companies (including thirty-eight business units, eighteen production plants and three social enterprises) in more than one hundred countries worldwide. The Group employs 21,736 people worldwide and our Net Sales in the financial year ended August 2010 were in excess of 6.6 billion Euro, representing an increase of 4.3% over the previous year, with an EBT of 893 million Euro.
Ferrero strongly believes and invests in research and development and innovation and we have recently been focusing on energy-efficient installations in Italy, Germany, Poland and Belgium. We are also contributing to the development of some of the poorest areas in the world through our Social Enterprises.
We pride ourselves on prioritising high quality, crafted precision, product freshness, careful selection of the finest raw materials, respect and consideration for our customers who are always at the centre of our strategy. We care about hygiene, the environment, social issues and the local communities in which we have a presence . Above all, we are ‘glocal' - we think globally and act locally.
Kinder has a wide range of products marketed mainly in 6 different categories: snacks, tablets, bakery, chilled products, eggs with surprise and novelties. Main powerbrands under Kinder "umbrella" are: Bueno, Chocolate, Surprise, Joy, Milkslice, Pinguì and Délice.
The .Kinder registry will be a standard, not a community-based, registry with the following purpose:
• To protect the intellectual property that Ferrero has on Kinder and to ensure that the integrity of our brand is enhanced at the highest possible level in the domain name system. We have a portfolio of registered intellectual property rights around the world and securing the term, .Kinder will enable us to harmonise our current brand protection policies
• To provide a platform for the delivery of secure digital material for consumers, key stakeholders, business partners and employees, a platform that potentially will host all our digital communication initiatives both from a corporate and a brand perspective across all the Ferrero Business Units
• To ensure Ferrero remains at the forefront of innovation by keeping pace with internet technology developments;
• To provide a platform able to ensure a strong global and consistent presence for the Kinder brand in the digital world across all the Ferrero Business Units;
• To provide a platform for the delivery of secure digital material for consumers in primis, business partners and employees
• To contribute to the development of best practice for private brand registry operators
The success of the .Kinder registry will be determined by enhancing the equity of the Ferrero/Kinder brand and by the security and stability it brings to our communications.×