Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD Applicant is a division of Rogers Communications Inc. Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. Rogers Communications engages in wireless voice and data communications services, cable television, high speed... Read more
Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
Applicant is a division of Rogers Communications Inc. Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. Rogers Communications engages in wireless voice and data communications services, cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media Inc., Rogers engages in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazine publishing and trade publications, plus sports entertainment. Rogers Communications is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).
Rogers Communications is Canada's largest wireless carrier with 9.3M subscribers resulting in over $7 billion in revenue in 2011. Rogers Communications is the only national carrier on both GSM and HSPA+ platforms, and provides a 21Mbps HSPA+ network across Canada, deploying LTE in top markets. Wireless services are extensively distributed by the Rogers, Fido and chatr brands.
Rogers Communications is the leading Canadian cable provider with 2.3 million basic cable subscribers and 5.1 million cable service units. Rogers Communications is also one of Canada's best media brands with 55 radio stations and 54 magazine and trade publications, owner of the Toronto Blue Jays baseball club and Rogers Centre event venue, Citytv and OMNI multi-station television networks, Sportsnet regional and national television networks, and the nationally televised The Shopping Channel televised retailer.
The proposed .fido gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding Rogers Communications' ability to:
• Facilitate the achievement of Rogers Communications to design, build and sell the world's best communication and media services;
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for customers, prospects, employees, joint ventures, business partners and communities where we do business;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing/technology campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Rogers Communications has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify internet user navigation to information about Rogers Communications products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer/member privacy and confidential information online; and
• meet future customer expectations and competitive market demands by continuing to develop & deploy leading edge services×