The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an Ohio corporation organized in 1898. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of tires, engaging in operations in most regions of the world. Our 2011 net sales were $23 billion, Goodyear's net income in 2011 was $343 million, and Goodyear's net... Read more
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an Ohio corporation organized in 1898.
We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of tires, engaging in operations in most regions of the world. Our 2011 net sales were $23 billion, Goodyear's net income in 2011 was $343 million, and Goodyear's net income available to common shareholders was $321 million.
Together with our U.S. and international subsidiaries and joint ventures, we develop, manufacture, market and distribute tires for most applications. We also manufacture and market rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
We are one of the world's largest operators of commercial truck service and tire retreading centers. In addition, we operate approximately 1,400 tire and auto service center outlets where we offer our products for retail sale and provide automotive repair and other services.
The company manufactures products in 53 manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, including the United States, and we have marketing operations in almost every country around the world.
We employ approximately 73,000 full-time and temporary associates worldwide.
We operate our business through four operating segments representing
our regional tire businesses: North American Tire; Europe, Middle East and Africa Tire; Latin American Tire; and Asia Pacific Tire.
Our principal business is the development, manufacture, distribution and sale of tires and related products and services worldwide. We manufacture and market numerous lines of rubber tires for:
• farm implements
• earthmoving and mining equipment
• industrial equipment, and
• various other applications.
In each case, our tires are offered for sale to vehicle manufacturers for mounting as original equipment and for replacement worldwide.
We manufacture and sell tires under the Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly, Debica, Sava and Fulda brands and various other Goodyear owned "house" brands, and the private-label brands of certain customers.
Goodyearʹs products are distributed globally through more than 40,000 different points of sale including company stores, mass merchandisers, independent retailers and independent dealers.
In certain geographic areas we also: retread truck, aviation and off-the-road, or OTR, tires, manufacture and sell tread rubber and other tire retreading materials, provide automotive repair services and miscellaneous other products and services, and manufacture and sell flaps for truck tires and other types of tires.
Our principal products are new tires for most applications. Approximately 83% of our sales in 2011 were for new tires, compared to 84% and 83% in 2010 and 2009, respectively.
The proposed .dunlop gTLD is a restricted, exclusively-controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding Goodyear's ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom Goodyear has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about Goodyear products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• validate / authenticate authorized resellers of Goodyear products;
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands. ×