Why buy a .nyc domain.
Frequently asked questions about .nyc.
Registrants must be either:
a) a natural person whose primary place of domicile is a valid physical address in the City of New York; or
b) an entity or organization that has a physical street address in the City of New York.
Registrant must remain in compliance with this requirement for the entire period of such domain name’s registration.
A P.O. Box address in the City of New York does not satisfy this requirement and proxy services are not allowed.
In addition, the registrant must be in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws including the tax requirements for conducting business via the Internet.
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements may ultimately result in deletion of the domain name if event that proof of compliance is not provided.
See FAQ’s for more information.
Technical information for .nyc.
- TLD .nyc
- Type gTLD
- Registration 31.49 USD
- Renewal 38.99 USD
- Transfer 31.49 USD / Transfer in your .nyc
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period 1 - 10 years
- Renewal Grace Period 40 days
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Private Registration Not Available
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry NIC NYC
- Information updated 2022-10-17
Why manage your .nyc domain with 101domain?
Award Winning Support
Free Web Forwarding
Multi-User Admin Tools