What is a .melbourne domain?
.MELBOURNE extension is an new top level domain targeting local businesses and individuals situated in Melbourne, Australia.
How do I buy a .melbourne domain?
To purchase your .melbourne domain name, you must first search for the availability of the unique phrase (without spaces or with hyphens). If the domain name is available, you may then add it to the cart to register for up to 10 year(s). If the domain is not available, then either modify your phrase, or inquire about purchasing the name outright through 101domain's Domain Concierge Service.
www.melbourne, the registry authorized to operate the .melbourne domain, has accredited 101domain to provide domain registration services for .melbourne domains.
- 101domain is .melbourne Accredited
- You can trust 101domain to do it right, because domain names are our specialty.
- 101domain is uniquely positioned to help guide you through the .melbourne registration process.
- Our business was built on providing simple and timely domain registration services, and superior support once you have your name.
How do I start a .melbourne website?
Once you have registered your .melbourne domain name, if you want to utilize it as a website or email address, you will need to associate it with a cloud-based hosting service like Easy Website Builder, a server-based hosting service like Web Hosting, or an email and collaboration service like Google Workspace.
A website can be built either through a browser-based builder, an installed content management system like WordPress or Drupal, or done professionally by a web designer/developer. Additionally, it is recommended securing your website with SSL, and enhancing your website's speed using Secure Web Accelerator.
Find your name Find the perfect .melbourne domain using 101domain's powerful search engine.
Build your website Add our website builder during checkout to build professional quality websites with no experience.
Send email Add an email during checkout so you can start spreading the word about your new website.
How do I transfer a .melbourne domain?
Transferring your .melbourne domain name is a fast and easy process. To get started, you'll need an Authorization Code from the registrar that currently has the domain registered. Once you have that, get started by clicking "Transfer Now" below or visit our Transfers Page, enter your domain name to transfer in, provide the Authorization Code, and our system will process the transfer.
Every .melbourne domain transfer into 101domain includes an additional year(s) renewal, so you're not losing any time, just saving money and gaining the access to the largest portfolio of extensions in the business and 101domain's powerful domain management system. If you are not provided an Authorization Code or having problems locating it, contact our Domain Specialists to help you navigate the process.
Starting @ 73.49 USD / yrTransfer Now
FAQs for .melbourne
.melbourne domain names are available for 1-10 years.
The domain registration time frame for .melbourne during general availability is Instant.
.melbourne Domain Names must:
- have minimum of 1 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash;
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.melbourne); and
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.melbourne).
DNSSEC is available for .melbourne domain. Enabling DNSSEC will protect .melbourne domain names against counterfeit DNS data by providing origin authentication and integrity protection on that data. DNSSEC can be configured in your domain name's DNS panel.
Trustee Service is not available for .melbourne extension. Trustee Service can help satisfy most local presence requirements when there are restrictions on registering a domain name.
Yes. You can activate Private Registration during the purchase of a new .melbourne domain.
In accordance with ICANN, Generic Top Level Domains (gTLD) have a 40 day "Grace period" in which a domain name can be renewed without incurring an additional fee. Its important to note however that your domain will no longer resolve on the day it expires. After the 40 day grace period, there is a 30 day "Redemption Period" in which you can renew your domain name for an additional $150 USD.
The registry that manages the registration of domain names with the .melbourne Top Level Domain is www.melbourne. You may visit them at https://www.live.melbourne/.
Domain Requirements for .melbourne
Registration is limited to Victorian residents and business, and other entities with an interest in the state of Victoria, Australia.
Applicant must satisfy either criteria A, B or C as described below in order to register or renew a .MELBOURNE domain name.
Criteria A – Victorian Entities: The applicant must be an entity registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission or the Australian Business Register that:
1) has an address in the State of Victoria associated with its ABN, ACN, RBN or ARBN; or
2) has a valid corporate address in the State of Victoria.
Criteria B – Victorian Residents: The applicant must be an Australian citizen or resident with a valid address in the State of Victoria.
Criteria C – Associated Entities: The applicant must be an Associated Entity. The applicant may only apply for a domain name that is an exact match or partial match to, or an abbreviation, or an acronym of:
- the business name of the applicant, or name by which the applicant is commonly known ( i.e. a nickname) and the business name must be registered with the appropriate authority in the jurisdiction in which that business is domiciled; or
- a product that the Associated Entity manufactures or sells to entities or individuals residing in the State of Victoria;
- a service that the Associated Entity provides to residents of the State of Victoria;
- an event that the Associated Entity organizes or sponsors in the State of Victoria;
- an activity that the Associated Entity facilitates in the State of Victoria; or
- a course or training program that the Associated Entity provides to residents of the State of Victoria.
Proxy services are not allowed.
Some domain names may be permanently or temporarily reserved or restricted for registry operations, as premium domain names or to comply with ICANN requirements.
To comply with ICANN requirements, all two-character domains shall be initially reserved, however may be released in the future. In addition reserved names for a) International Olympic Committee, b) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and c) Intergovernmental Organizations, for new gTLDs., are not available in accordance with ICANN. The list of these names can be found here.
How do I renew a .melbourne domain?
Renewing your domain name is simple! Just click "Renew Now" below or visit our Renewals Page, and enter your domain name to renew, or log into your Account Manager, select your ext domain name that you would like to renew, select the term of your renewal, and check out.
We also offer Auto-Renew—a great way to keep your domain name up-to-date without having to worry about letting them accidentally expire. Check your Account Settings to find out if you have Auto-Renew enabled.
Starting @ 85.99 USD / yrRenew Now
Domain information current to