.dubai Domain Name Information
.dubai is in pre-registration, meaning it has not yet launched for general availability. You may pre-regsiter for free right now, but availability is not guaranteed.
- Type gTLD
- Renewal Grace Period None. It must be renewed by it's expiration.
- Redemption Period 30 days
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Individuals can register No
- Businesses can register Yes
- Trademark Sunrise .dubai – is a special period that provides current brand and trademarks owners the opportunity to secure their trademarks under the new top level domain. The fee for registration during this period is usually higher as trademarks will need to be verified and cleared.
- Landrush – a short registration period for entities and individuals who do not own a trademark in the name they wish to register. It is intended for highly sought-after generic .dubai domains and are usually priced significantly higher than registering during general availability. If more than one landrush application is received for the same .dubai domain, the .dubai domain will usually go to auction in which the applicants will have the chance to bid for the domain.
- General Availability – This phase is open to the general public and is a first-come, first served launch. When a .dubai domain is registered, it is officially reserved and registered in real time.
- Premium or Reserved Names – A registry can and will withhold .dubai domains names from open registrations that are considered premium domains, which are names that are highly desired or unique. These .dubai domains with this premium status will eventually be auctioned to the highest bidder.
Dubai businesses will have the opportunity to attract more visitors to their website, enhance their online presence and show their pride in being a part of Dubai with .dubai. It will be extremely beneficial to businesses that provide information, goods, services and tourist information for Dubai. Dubai restaurants, night clubs, coffee shops, popular events, touring companies and shops can take advantage of obtaining a short and memorable .dubai domain such as restaurantname.dubai and shopname.dubai. Having such a domain name will help increase traffic to your website and improve your search engine rankings.
When the a gTLD .dubai is approved, ICANN will set forth rules and guidelines as well as a launch sequence which dictates who can register a new gTLD .dubai, when and under what conditions. The expected launch sequence will be: