What is the meaning of the .pt domain?
Is it safe to use a .pt domain name for my business?
Yes, .pt domains are generally safe to use, but the safety and security of your company’s domain primarily depend on how it is managed and by adopting proper security practices. No matter which domain extension you register, keeping your systems up to date is essential. The safety of any website relies on various factors, such as a secure hosting service and proper security measures like SSL certificates. Like with any domain extension, being cautious about phishing attempts, scams, or fraudulent activities is essential.
While there are many advantages to registering a .pt domain, you may also consider looking into the ccTLDs of neighboring countries like .es for Spain to target a broader international audience or to protect your brand across multiple extensions.
Technical information for .pt.
- TLD .pt
- Type ccTLD
- Registration 31.49 USD
- Renewal 49.99 USD
- Transfer 31.49 USD / Transfer in your .pt
- Time to Register Instant
- Registration Period Available for 1, 3 and 5 year(s)
- Renewal Grace Period None. It must be renewed by it's expiration.
- Redemption Period None. Once the domain is expired it can not be restored.
- DNSSEC Supported / Learn how to add DNSSEC
- Local Presence Required Yes
- Trustee/Proxy Service No
- Languages Supported Portuguese,
- Individuals can register Yes
- Businesses can register Yes
- Registry Associação DNS.PT
- Information updated 2023-09-30