What is a .roma domain?
If you are associated with Italy's capital city, you now can pony up the price of a .roma domain name to reveal yourself to one and all.
FAQs for .roma
- Roman citizens: with the introduction of the domains .roma, Roman citizens will be able to register a .roma as MarioRossi.ROMA to use as a personal website or just send e-mail. Owning a domain name .roma in the world will unite and identify the Roman citizens, representing an indissoluble connection between Roma and the rest of the world.
- Companies Roman: Thanks to a domain .roma, local business or a branch in the Eternal City can offer a fast track, exclusive to its customers Romans. Local companies will immediately be identified as Roman, thanks to their website .roma, and will get more visibility on search engines (eg CaffeSantEustachio.ROMA ). Large companies with branches in Roma would immediately benefit from the registration of a domain .roma as they may use it to send customers directly to the Romans page of the local branch, offering a more organized and directed (for example IKEA.ROMA could redirect clients directly on the IKEA site dedicated to Roman clients, with specific information on stores in Roma and on special offers).
- The City of Roma: The Roma TLD Srl will donate a significant portion of its revenue from domain name registration .roma for the City of Roma allocate these profits to the community-oriented projects. Roma TLD will also provide free supply of Internet addresses .roma to all organs and municipal offices.
- All others: Creating portals with specific extension .roma will create numerous opportunities to provide public services to citizens, businesses and tourists. Looking for a restaurant? Ristoranti.ROMA About the city traffic or on the weather for the day tomorrow? Traffico.ROMA , Meteo.ROMA . Roma is the next stop on your vacation? Hotel.ROMA . Looking for the latest news about your favorite team: AS.ROMA.
- Trademark Sunrise .roma – is a special period that provides current brand and trademarks owners the opportunity to secure their trademarks under the new top level domain. The fee for registration during this period is usually higher as trademarks will need to be verified and cleared.
- Landrush – a short registration period for entities and individuals who do not own a trademark in the name they wish to register. It is intended for highly sought-after generic .roma domains and are usually priced significantly higher than registering during general availability. If more than one landrush application is received for the same .roma domain, the .roma domain will usually go to auction in which the applicants will have the chance to bid for the domain.
- General Availability – This phase is open to the general public and is a first-come, first served launch. When a .roma domain is registered, it is officially reserved and registered in real time.
- Premium or Reserved Names – A registry can and will withhold .roma domains names from open registrations that are considered premium domains, which are names that are highly desired or unique. These .roma domains with this premium status will eventually be auctioned to the highest bidder.
According to Roma TLD S.r.l. the advantages of .roma are:
We may send you an email regarding your .roma free pre-registration to confirm you request. If this email is not deliverable, your account will be closed and your free pre-registration will be deleted.
When the a gTLD .roma is approved, ICANN will set forth rules and guidelines as well as a launch sequence which dictates who can register a new gTLD .roma, when and under what conditions. The expected launch sequence will be: