Cease & desist letters and DMCA takedown notices are effective in removing online infringement quickly without a formal dispute or litigation.
When should I use an Abuse Takedown?
Our abuse takedown services can put an end to a variety of online abuse activities plaguing your business, including pharming, spam, phishing, malware, botnets, and fraud.
When should I use a DMCA Takedown?
Reserved for cases of copyright infringement, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Takedown Notices mandate the appropriate authorities to remove the infringing content.
When should I use a Cease & Desist?
Cease & Desist letters are the quickest and most cost-effective way to enforce your trademark rights. They are a great starting place to negotiate an easy domain transfer.
Cease & Desist Letters are best for
- Putting a registrant on notice of your intellectual property rights that may result in the domain owner willingly transferring a domain.
- Curing abuses related to trademark infringement, phishing or spam abuse, cybersquatting, and any other unauthorized use of your brand.
- When you want an unavailable domain, this can be a great first step to support a successful UDRP complaint.
DMCA Takedown Notices are best for
- Contacting service providers, ISPs, and hosting companies directly to remove any infringing copyrighted content from a website.
- Curing abuses related to copyright infringement, phishing or spam abuse and cybersquatting.
- When a registrant's contact information is unavailable and the abuse is tied to the infringing content, and not the domain name itself.
Safeguard your brand with effective and efficient enforcement.
1We research the infringing domain name or website and recommend a best course of action.
2Our experts draft your letter or notice, while ensuring compliance with all requirements.
3We help you implement monitoring services to alleviate stress on your team and budget.
Call an expert now to learn more. +1.888.982.7940