Upcoming Changes for Colombia .COM.CO Domains
The Ministry of Telecommunications of Colombia announced yesterday that, as of February 7th, “.CO Internet SAS” will become the new operator of NIC.co. Here are some of the changes that will result for COM.CO Domain Registrations:
- Registrant Documents will no longer to be required.
- Trademark Documents will no longer to be required.
- Individuals will be eligible (as opposed to companies only).
- LOCAL PRESENCE will no longer be required.
- Domains will be registered through Registrars instead of the Registry.
Sunrise policy for current registrants will be published March 1st, so check this blog as well as the .COM.CO Domains page of our site for current information as it comes out. If you have any questions, please contact our staff and we’ll be happy to help you.